Monday, February 9, 2009

Dining room makeover

This past week Ben spent a few days on the Island at Granny & Grampa's house.. so we took advantage of only having one munchkin to get into stuff and work on the dining room. It needed so much work.. patching, sanding, more patching, more sanding, finally priming and painting. Then we had to put it all back together. It's nearly done and it looks sooooooooo much better. Did I mention it looks better?!? Wow. I still can't believe the difference. I am embarrassed that I lived with it the way it was for so long actually. I know, it's not like I have a ton of time on my hands, but you know what I mean.

Mike also did a bunch more work in the kitchen, prepping the backsplash area for tiles (which we will hopefully get soon), patching, priming.... but the end is in sight!

Next up... painting cabinets, dining table (and re-upholstering the seats, sourcing the perfect fabric right now!) the wee hallway and our bedroom. Bathrooms need work too, but they are at the bottom of the list.

Before.. we replaced the china cabinet (which was my mum's, my sister will be getting it) with the Danish modern sideboard below.



Hello Fernwood Green!
We worked very late in the night painting, so excited to see colour on the walls finally!


Sneak peeks of my favourite corner...
We did two greens (Limesickle & Fernwood) with the new lamp :)

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! Love your new sideboard!! Craigslist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freecycle!! Also got a coffee table, two end tables and a wee cabinet that would be like a bar :)

    ReplyDelete